Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Echolocation



Echolocation:
Did you know that Bats uses echolocation. If you don’t know what it is well echolocation is locating with sound. You’ll have be very clever too know how to use this kind of technique.



Bats:
Bats use echolocation to use echolocation you have to locate anything in front of them and anything on the side of them too. Bats create noises with their noses and the noise creates sound waves that hits an object and rebounds to them and they know how far away the object is and how close the object is also what kind of size it too.


Ben:




There are very few people that use echolocation. But there is a teenager called Ben Underwood who had lost his eyes by cancer when he was three years old. So as years past through, one day him and his mother were riding in there car and past big buildings Ben says to his mum “ Mum can you see that big building out there” his mum was shocked when she heard him say that and his mum replied “I can but can you” that's when he could use echolocation.


When I finished watching the video about a Ben I thought to myself “if I close my eyes and make random noises will it rebound off the wall ?” Ben is just a normal teenager but he just doesn't have eyes to see. I never knew echolocation could help people that a blind could get them around place’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment