Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hutt Valley Cook island youth


Last week on Saturday me my mum and my brother went to a hall in mangere with a Cook island dancing group so we can meat another Cook island dance group called Hutt Valley Cook island youth. When where in the hall we got to eat first then after the other group comes and eat after as. When they finished eating we get into a group and introduce our self to the hutt valley group.

The first person to stand up and introduce them self was my cousin Andy. She stalled up and said "hi my name is Andy I am 18 years old and I have two younger sisters and two younger brothers. Next up was my cousin Kimerly She said her name how old she was and how many brothers and sisters she had and introduce her dad and mother too.

After she finished introducing her self next it was her brothers turn Ben he said his name and how old he was and introduce his sisters and his brother too. Next it was my turn I stalld up and said hi my name is Mikaiah my brother is Simon and I am 11 years old and turning 12 in September the 26th and I said my mum is Tangata Hopini and my dad is Norman Hopini.

Next after introducing our self all the kids were allowed to play on the playground out side they had two play grounds so I went on the biggest park there and played tag with the other group. After playing tag we played ball rush tag on there court it was really fun playing with the other group because we got to know them better and become friends.

Next we left to go to GI to the Matariki celebration because we were dancing there so we had to get changed into our clothes to dance in. We didn't know that the hutt valley group were coming to watch as. when we were ready we waited for the drummers to give the signal for as to walk up and dance.

After waiting we herd the drums playing so we quickly got into lines and walked on the grass and started dancing. First it was all the boy and girls but for the next dance it was just the girls. Next when we finished dancing it was just the girls next after the girls finished dancing we did the last dance witch was all of as together. so we stalled in our lines and started dance.

When we finished every body that was at the Matariki counted down for the fireworks to explode in mid air. So every body started counting down 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 "BLASTOFF"!!! as we all screamed through the air. We started packing up when the fireworks were going. We stayed until the fireworks stop, when it stopped we went and said god bye to the other group and we all went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment